Friday, September 10, 2010

redwood

We've been dreaming about a trip to the northwest to see, among other things, redwood trees. They are really interesting, some of the oldest living things on the planet. So it was with this in mind that I was kind of shocked this morning to see one. It was as if God decided to give me a quick preview by bringing one of these trees to me. A new geocache popped up and I went to find it on the way to work. And low and behold there was a redwood tree growing right in the middle of the William and Mary Campus. It was small by redwood standards, maybe seven feet in diameter, but of course that makes it a big tree. If I understand it correctly it also makes it something of a lightning rod for the area as well.

Anyway, just wanted to pass that along. We will visit it again. I'll see if I can get a decent picture of it and maybe a little history of how it came to be there.

Have a good weekend, Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.