Friday, September 17, 2010

Beyond Charlotte's Web

Randy is right.  Those s'mores are great!  But too many great things have been coming from the culinary aspects of life, taking advantage of shortcomings in exercise.  So I cut out a picture taken at NASA for a person of the week silliness and have it in a clear magnetized frame on the refrigerator door.  You know how the young you looks in the mirror and wonders who that old woman is looking back at her?  It works that way for overweight people, too.  I have been svelte for all of 3 years in my life, plump for most of the others, and outright morbidly obese for the rest of my years...but when I looked in a mirror, I was always surprised to see the slob with the floppy layers of flab looking back. I was plump, not grotesque!

I am not the woman in that picture again, but I am the woman with more worn out parts than I can count.  Exercise hurts.  It hurts worse when I don't.  And behind that white fridge door lie the comforts of the coward. Great s'mores?  No s'mores!!

By the way, please look at the top of this page.  Beside the Home tab is a new one entitled Our Pictures.  There are a few pics there, but they are just the final proof I added the page properly.  Keep looking there, too, when you visit, for photos from both Randy and me.  We decided the pictures on our blogging page were taking up too much room, so I did some snooping and learned we could add separate pages that all linked to the blog.  Hope you enjoy it...and please don't forget you can all blog, put up pictures, etc.  This is a family/close friends point of communication, not something limited to Randy and me.

On a final note, please add my Dad to your private prayers and to your prayer circles.  He has known for several months that he has emphysema, but he just learned he has some type of advanced pre-leukemia condition that the doctors are attacking full force.  He has moved to Colorado permanently, and Liz is coordinating his schedule.  Today, he had a shunt (?) put in.  Liz can share more details than I can remember; add her to your prayer lists, too.  She is a full time teacher, mom and chauffeur of two very active children (one teen, one a bit younger), and wife to a husband whose own father will not be with us much longer.

God bless them all.

Many hugs.
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.