I was reading something the other day and the author referred to somebody who was “good at tech”. By that he meant they understood anything remotely electronic, be it a computer, a new phone, or maybe figuring out how to hack a video game.
It just struck me how much our world has evolved that:
1. We can lump all technology together in to one general term.
2. How improved that technology is over the course of only 10 or 20 years.
Now drifting off from the last one, I’ll comment on some recent “tech”.
As Charlotte mentioned, the car has push button everything. I get back in the Honda and am startled at having to extend my hand to arms length to adjust the volume on the radio!
We were talking about the weather at work and one guy said it was 59 degrees this morning. As he explained, “I look at my phone as soon as I wake up and it tells me the temperature”. I guess eventually parents will have a phone app installed in their kids before leaving the hospital. I’m not sure what will happen when the contract expires.
And lastly I’ll mention the new camera that I’m still learning about. It adjusts for daylight savings time unless you tell it not to. And it has an adjustable eyepiece so you can see the display better. But the camera is so smart they worry that I am getting dumber. The instruction manual tells you how to adjust it, then warns “Caution: do not stick fingers or fingernails in your eye while adjusting the viewfinder”.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.