What the heck am I talking about? An assumption I thought was based on strong evidence came back to bite me today, and I am so happy about it that I can hardly contain myself. A young woman at work, an "adoptee" of mine, got married and became pregnant did not share these changes with me. A shared acquaintance told me last week. I assumed our relationship was kaput, which I regretted; mostly, though, I was happy she finally had the love and life she truly deserved. She called me at work today and we had a wonderful chat!!! All is well.
I am back at work, as most of you know, but some of you are not aware that I am NOT back in my old office. Lots of absences over the course of two years obviously affected my performance at work, and I knew when I took leave to have my knee surgery I would not be back in that office. No one said this to me, but what was written between the lines was plain to see. I thought I would be heartbroken when I walked into a new office. Not only was I not heartbroken, I found I was relieved. I adore the people I worked with for so many years! But guilt would be my dominant feeling if I returned to that building-I let so many folks down, put extra work on people who already had more than is realistic--and these were people I would walk an extra mile for if I could.
Have you noticed that Randy has been better at posting here than I have been????
Spring is in full swing. So far, I have not done a lot of gardening, but my knee is letting me do more than seems possible this soon after surgery. The last measurement of how far I can flex the knee was 122 degrees--this is very good, the pros tell me. The new bike Randy got me last year can be dusted off and I can ride it again!!!
Randy also bought a truckload of COMPOST for my favorite hobby. I am not putting any new plants in the ground this year--underground terrorists (voles) are such a nuisance that they are even hurting the black bamboo! I fought like heck last year to save a lot of plants and I don't have the time or energy to do it right now, so pots and planters are multiplying and being put to good use. This also makes my plants easier to move when it is time. Randy and I made some revisions to our plans for a house that make a move this year a near certainty, so most of that awesome compost will be dumped at the Right House (as opposed to here, which is dubbed the Left House).
It is past bedtime, so that's it for now. This post is brought to you on my new netbook, which is about half the size of a laptop and has as much memory, plus a much larger hard drive, than my old desktop computer. It also has a built-in webcam, with microphone! If you don't do major games or a lot of photo work with something like Photoshop, this is something to consider. Can't be beat for portability...or cost.
Hugs and much love to all.
Charlotte
Webcam? Will we see videos here?
ReplyDelete