The CDC has a new campaign, using currently trendy zombies, to get people more prepared for a disaster. I've talked to a lot of people who believe that is a good thing because it spreads the word better than a boring "straight" message. I guess I'm still a little resistant to our government using something close to an inside joke in that way, but the goal is a good one. Considering the recent natural disasters* the world has seen I would urge you to take a minute of your spare time to think what you would take with you if you had to leave your house in a minute, or what would be handy to have if a smaller storm knocked the power out for a day. Simple things, water, medications, your keys, etc are worth way more than gold when you don't have them.
*we recently had a nearby tornado. It wasn't anywhere as devastating as the recent one in Joplin, but seeing broken trees littered with debris from a destroyed house that was a half mile away will give you a new perspective on the power of nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.