Randy finds such fascinating articles and topics to post that I am almost embarrassed with the "news on the home front" that I post. But I'm going to do it again, so here we go.
I lost my job last week. This is not a surprising development, as you know, but it is unsettling despite being expected. I do get a 2-week severance check, and there is also a possibility I can collect a bit more long-term disability from my employer's health insurance company. The HR representative advised me to try and she will do whatever she can to help me get it through. (I received short-term disability during knee surgery recuperation and got long-term when that ran out. I didn't understand HR's explanation of how I could still qualify for more coverage, but if they say to go for it, I'll go for it). The straw that broke my employer's back was a 2-week absence due to a migraine that would NOT break. I saw three doctors during those 2 weeks. If the headache itself eased off, the nausea got worse; sometimes, the headache was present and the nausea subsided. Anyway, after stopping a medicine I'd started about 2 weeks before the migraines, and after finishing a course of cortisone, the headache is gone. I am still getting headaches fairly frequently, but they are not migraines. The neurologist will likely order a CT scan at my follow-up since even "normal" headaches on a frequent basis are not the norm.
Randy and I have been discussing this situation and agree this is the time to take care of a few health issues I'd hidden from my employer because they didn't require prompt attention. I need to have a large bone spur on my left big toe surgically removed.. I also need surgery for pelvic organ prolapse.
Okay, the bad news is out of the way. Blue skies ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.